The Geekly Guy

This blog contains information regarding all things Linux, although any computer technology subject matter fits within the realm of this blog.

Thursday, October 31, 2002

I'm hoping my wife will be home within 30 days, although it looks like she may be leaving again, thanks to Bush and Saddam...we'll see...

The kids were in daycare yesterday, from 9 to 5. Man, I missed the house being so quiet...I didn't know what the hell to do! I needed to go cut the grass but the grass was still wet. I did a little laundry, then went and cashed some rebate checks. While at Ft. Hood's Power Zone, I bought the PS2 game, Sly Cooper. AWESOME game! I highly recommend it! I played it for a few hours (it has been almost 5 months since I played a console game), and developed a throbbing migraine, took a motrin then went to sleep for about 30 minutes. Picked up the kids (they seemed to enjoy their day...almost 4 months since they'd been in daycare), went home, cleaned, cooked dinner and put them to bed. Afterward, I talked to my wife a bit, then passed out on the couch while watching Discovery Wings.

I'm playing with Apache Webserver, just to get a feel for it. I dunno if I'm gonna use it all that much. I'm trying to learn different things about Linux besides administering my machine and Apache seemed to kinda grab at me. I still need to upgrade, as I'm running 1.3.26...I'm sure there are a few bugs in that and I don't want an insecure webserver connected to my IP.

I'm thinking on installing OZ again on my Zaurus PDA. It's been a few months since I've played with it and I want to see how much it's matured. I dunno though...last time I installed it, it was high maintenance. I need something that's ready when I use it, without having to tool with it to get it to do something.

Well, lemme get to bed. I hope you all have a nice day tomorrow (today, actually).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home