The Geekly Guy

This blog contains information regarding all things Linux, although any computer technology subject matter fits within the realm of this blog.

Friday, April 18, 2003

I spent ALL night workin on Windows XP. I'm still at a pretty fresh install. I FINALLY got the video drivers to take. For some reason, I couldn't get XP to accept the Radeon 7500 drivers; I tried all last week. Then last night, troubles kept cascading. When I got XP to take the vid drivers, the DVD burner drivers got corrupted. Since they got corrupted, I couldn't access the DVD (or CDROM) disk to access fresh drivers. I finally pointed XP to use the drivers in the Systems folder instead of System32 and it worked. I don't know if that was the proper thing to do but it fixed the problem. Now I have audio problems, which also popped up last night after the video and DVD driver issues. Things just kept cascading. At one point, it hated the audio drivers so much that XP wouldn't lock up unless I restored from the last restore point...XP would lock up at the beginning of the bootup process. :o/

Well, I guess I'll fool around with getting the sound to work, as I really want to play some games. I bought a new one last week: VietCong.

Well, its getting busy here (at work). Gotta go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home