The Geekly Guy

This blog contains information regarding all things Linux, although any computer technology subject matter fits within the realm of this blog.

Friday, November 01, 2002

Today I'm downloading Debian 3.0, by way of jigdo

The URL explains all, but its a way of speeding up the downloading of Debian ISOs. How? By going to Debian mirrors, downloading all the files that are usually on a Debian ISO, then compiling an ISO using the collected files. Very nice!

My webhost has been up and down all week. Kinda makes it hard to get email: when I check the email, its usually down. When I attempt to upload files to my webspace, the site is down. All week long. I've emailed them twice in the last two days, and I'm about to email them again. They claim some hardware broke, but does it take a week for a 'professional' domain host to fix a hardware problem??? And I just renewed my services with them. I'll not make that mistake next year. Time to start looking for another host.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home