The Geekly Guy

This blog contains information regarding all things Linux, although any computer technology subject matter fits within the realm of this blog.

Saturday, December 14, 2002

I'm STILL installing FreeBSD 4.7. Well, I'm actually done, as I went ahead and skipped the post-install. I did this but forgot that I'd skipped the bootloader options (so I wouldn't screw up LILO and not be able to boot ANY system), so I went to http://www.freebsd.org, checked the online docs, then edited my Linux's LILO to boot the FreeBSD install. It worked.

I booted up, created a new user using 'adduser', then found that I had a VERY bare system. I typed '/stand/sysinstall' to get the install screen and finish the post-install by opting to do the full installation of software. I'm installing by FTP and cannot seem to get the FTP install to finish without losing the connection. I've restarted about 5 times and its getting sort of tiresome. The only thing that keeps me going is that I like alot of what I see. I'll elaborate on that later.

I cannot wait until my new motherboard and CPU come in. I've enough parts to build a new system...all I'd need is a case with a power supply. I use my 500mhz system's three different OSs enough to where I miss gaming in XP. I need a dedicated gaming system...unless I can get gaming going on in FreeBSD and Linux.

Well, lemme go see about this FreeBSD install...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home